If you are looking to get self storage sorted, then you will find that there is a lot that you can do to ensure that you are not in trouble of getting things wrong. Whilst it may seem simple, you will find that there are a great many different things to think about when it comes to ensuring that the job goes ahead well. You will also find that there is a lot to be said for knowing these problems in advance of the move, as it will ensure that you are less likely to get any trouble in any way, as you have protected against it all.
– Only store exactly what needs to be stored! The more stuff you need to get stored, the more expensive your unit will be, and the more stress you will have to go through in getting it all there! You will often find that you can sell things that are of any value on online auctions, and get a decent price if you are clever with lsting it. Ensure that you get good photos of the item, and you should not have a problem selling it. You will find that you save a great deal of hassle and cash by getting things sold, and you can always buy a second hand one should you need it again. If the items are personal, then you won;t want to sell them on, but it seems unlikely that anything that you are consigning to long term storage would be extremely important to you! Ignore this if your storage is short term however.
– Wrap things in plastic, to prevent damp and insect problems, like moths eating away at sofa coverings. You will find that you need to check for rodents as well, closing up any openings in the storage unit that may allow such pests in.
– Use a man and van service, to give you that extra hand with moving things. Having someone that is used to the work involved in moving furniture and the like will be useful on such a job, and you will no doubt find that this is very helpful with reducing the time and effort that the storage process requires of you.
– Rent a van if you are not used to driving a van. You will find that it can be attractive to go with the low process of a self rented van, but the reality of the situation is that you need to know how to drive one before you do so. If you are not used to the van, then you may be at risk of swinging it about too much, and this will often lead to issues with things being knocked over in the back. You may also have to reverse it in to position to make the loading out or in easier, and this may require some experience.
– Forget to have a look in to mobile storage. You will likely find that there is a lot to be said for ensuring that you don;t have to rent the van, or pay for the man and van service. Mobile storage will deliver a crate to your house, which you fill as you like, and they will then take it and store it for you. This is only really good for long term storage however, as you will find that there may be charges and processes for looking at your stored items, due to the way that the crates are stacked.
To obtain more useful info go to: http://leicesterremovals.org.uk/ensuring-that-accessibility-is-maintained-during-your-removal/